I’m starting a healthy eating plan, and thought I would have a change from my usual over night oats recipe for breakfast, and do a kind of ‘detox’ cleanse day/weekend. I also really fancied a smoothie…
I got the recipe from Liezl Jayne’s website, but had to adapt it as I didn’t have avocado’s (I know, right) and used my Nutribullet to make it.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana (or half banana/1/3rd avocado)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cup of water (add more if necessary)
- Dash of coconut milk (or you can use any other milk)
- I also forgot to add this, but it would be amazing with some nut butter as well!
And whizz up… it kind of looks like a chocolate smoothie at the end, so I also think it would be really nice with a bit of cacao powder added. I will try this over the weekend!
If you have any other great breakfast smoothies, please do feel free to share them here 🙂